Annasplash 15% Vitalire.com
Westen Regional 2013 Laku Landing
Family and Friends
Thank you for the Support
Mt Rainer – Welcome Home
Water skiing has allowed me to travel to many different states meeting new people and creating life long friends. I have discovered through these relationships, each place I have traveled feels a part of home to me. I am always excited for the next adventure and discovering new places, but I look forward to return to the places I consider home.
Home is not a building; it is the love from people you surround your life with and the inspiration from each other. Colorado is one of my “homes” and I am excited to return again next summer for Western Regionals. Thank you everyone for such amazing experience! Could not have done it with everyone’s love and support. THANK YOU
Thank you PRO Club and Vitalire — live with passion – www.vitalire.com
- Excited to be part of the Vitalire Team – inspiring other to live with passion (northwest clothing company)
- Encouragement from coworkers to apply and their help with the application
- Clients encourage me, seeing them achieve their goals, challenges me to do the same
Thank you Seattle Water Sports (SWS)
- Mark Lord for always making time for me and coaching me here in the Northwest
- Hooking me up with the best ski equipment and good advance during the season
- Introducing me to Northwest Ski community and letting me drive his clinics
Thank you Water ski Community and Family and Friends – Tournaments: Sun Basin and Western Regionals
- Love the support that comes from the ski family atmosphere at Sun Basin.
- Many memories as a child in Colorado with my grandparent, always dreamed of skier there. Blessed to have my first ski experience be western regionals.
- Through my family and friends support it inspires me to do my best on the water.
Thank you Coble Ski School
- Big Thank You for April taking a chance on me hiring me when I did not even know how to ski the course
- Truly I could not accomplish anything in this sport without her support and the coaching from her amazing staff.
- Excited to be part of her team and help others learn the course, just like I did three summers ago.
Couldn’t fall asleep the night before like a little girl the night before Christmas, I was so excited to wake up before the sun and drive to Othello/Moses Lake to SKI! Knowing that I could not do much since I have been resting for two months with no exercising, I decided to only shadow the buoys and only go 30 mph. The video only gives a little task of the weekend.
At the beginning of May, I thought I would not be able to ski at all this summer due to my injuries, I was just happy that I was able to get out on the water and rip it up with ally my friends who I usually compete with.
The weekend was amazing Driving the boat and Coaching in Othello with Micha Ping (great coach) and then skiing felt like coming home. Then driving to Moses Lake (Sun Basin) to help be a judge at the RADAR tournament was a warm welcome back to the sport. Thank you to all my ski buddies! Can’t wait till I can start competing again
With a full week of rest and surviving time off from work, exercising and . . . and . . . .and well besides water skiing (which I am already taking time off from) I really don’t do anything else. Even though this week was a good rest period, it does not mean this is the end of my recovery phase. NO it is just the beginning. . . . .
This is how my car usually looks like when I am heading to the lake or a tournament, yet I did not drive to either one today. Knowing my body needs to more time to completely heal, I have decided to not ski at all this season. At first I thought I could get away with just skiing and not competing, but as the symptoms in my back started to increase verses decrease, I knew this would not be the case.
To make sure I won’t water ski this summer, I drove my ski with all my gear to the only one person I would trust to take good care of the my equipment , Margie Metzger, a great friend and an amazing Physical Therapist.
Now you have to understand I am that type of skier who does not like other people touching my ski! I cringed of the thought of people even asking if they can look at it. I will go out of my way to make sure when entering and exiting the boat that I am the one holding my ski, no one else, not even my coach. So letting Margie keep my ski and all my gear for the entire summer is a big deal, and a big step of faith.
Never thinking that I would need time off from this sport to improve, I know with this time it will allow my body to fully heal. From this recovery phase I hope to be a stronger and smarter skier for the next session. So Summer 2013 Look Out I am coming for yah.